Monday, September 14, 2015

Interview with a Romantic Comedy Author Brooke Williams

Brooke Williams is a former radio announcer turned stay at home mom/freelance writer/author. She has two daughters and has been married since 2002. Brooke has written numerous novels including “Someone Always Loved You,” “Beyond the Bars,” and the recent romantic comedies “Accept this Dandelion,” and “Wrong Place, Right Time.” She looks forward to releasing her first children’s book “Baby Sheep Gets a Haircut” in June 2016.

Welcome back to my blog, Brooke. Please tell us about your new romantic comedy, Mamarazzi.

Mamarazzi asks the question: is the grass REALLY greener on the other side? In the novel, a female paparazzo is thrown onto a TV show and quickly sees what life is like on the other side of the camera. Since no one knows what she did before appearing on the show, her secrets are plentiful.

This is an interesting plot. Where did you get your inspiration for this story?

This is an idea I’ve had since before college. When I was in a screenwriting class, I had to write a small portion of a screenplay and I based it on this idea, which had been in the back of my mind for a long time. At that time, I called it Paparazzi and formed a male lead character. Once I began writing romantic comedy, the idea started bugging me again. I thought, what if I changed it to a female? Called it Mamarazzi? I realized how much better that idea was and ran with it!

What a fantastic idea! What kind of research did you do for this book?

Took pictures of celebrities. Ha! Not really. I live in the Midwest. The news anchors are about as close as we get to fame around here. I can’t say that I’m one to research all that much. My fiction is very much just that…fiction! Made up from the deep creases in my mind. Scary as that is!

Ha. So funny! Please tell us about one of the main characters in this story and what you like about him or her.

I really liked the male lead, Eliot Lane. He’s a huge star, just coming into his own in the acting world. And yet he’s still humble and knows what’s important in the world. He can have anything he wants at the snap of a finger, but he doesn’t take advantage of that.

Where can my readers find you online?

I have a website, www.authorbrookewilliams.com, where I have all of my books listed and more information about anything and everything you’ve ever wanted to know. I also run a blog at that site, www.authorbrookewilliams.com/blog. I post my own stuff weekly and things for other authors as well. You can sign up to receive email notifications. I don’t send emails out more than once a week, if that. I am also very active on my author facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/authorbrookewilliams. Love hearing from all of you!!!

Thank you, Brooke, for this great interview. I love the humor you put in your books.

7 comments:

Sonja said...

Your writing sounds good. Love the genre and am sure that I would enjoy reading your book!

JoAnn Arnold said...

I enjoyed reading this interview. Thank you for sharing. I might just have to check out some of Brooke's books.

Mary Preston said...

A fun and clever title. Looking forward to this.

Anne said...

Interesting set up. As I've gotten older, I've gotten much more realistic on how I view the other side.

Linda Kish said...

This sounds like a fun story to read.

Anonymous said...

Will have to check this one out. I don't own an e-reader. Thanks for the interview.

Unknown said...

JoAnn Arnold wins the drawing! I will contact her via email. Thank you to everyone who read the interview and entered the drawing!