Saturday, October 8, 2016

A Tale of Fantasy, Mystery, and Romance!


Magic is always a common element in fantasy. In this story, you find out that some magic is good, while others use it for evil. Katie Watkins, of Katie’s Clean Book Collection, wrote:

I love a good story with an arranged marriage in it--especially if it involves royalty. How could I not love this one? Gabrielle is offered up to marry handsome Prince Alec in order to forge an alliance that will help in the coming war. Their relationship progresses slowly and naturally and I really enjoyed watching it unfold.

“Gabrielle wants to be loved, but she remembers the prince from her younger years and always thought of him as a playboy. I know I would have a hard time getting over those memories and she wasn't any different. I can't imagine being thrown (forced) into a new situation like that. I thought she did a good job of making the best of her situation.

“I loved the mystery and adventure and thought there was just the right amount of fantasy. Of course, my favorite parts were the romance. I loved how kind and gracious this couple was and how they worked together to find a solution to the problems at hand. I really liked the first book, but I loved this one! So far, they just keep getting better!”

In The Alliance of Isian, war is coming and all the kingdoms must choose a side. Isian decides to make an alliance with their long time enemies in order to defeat a common enemy. So Isian sends a proposal, offering their daughter to the prince, in order to ensure an alliance. Princess Gabrielle and her new husband, Prince Alec must learn to work together and trust each other in order to triumph in the approaching war. With a mysterious beast attacking the kingdom, their lives in danger, and overcoming their vast cultural differences, will love grow despite their trials or tear them apart? Enjoy the fantasy, danger, mystery, and romance!

Jonel Boyko, Confessions of a Bibliophile, wrote: “Wow! This series just keeps getting better. Clarke melds fantasy with a vivid manner of storytelling that had me hooked. The intricate descriptions lend themselves to Clarke's vivid world building while the intimate voice allowed me to really get into the exciting and fast paced plot.

"I love how Clarke showed the separation between those who approve of magic and those who don't. It's not just a given thing in this world. Many are against it, and for good reason. This divide added a complexity to this tale that I never expected.

"I love how character driven this story was. It really allowed me a mulit-perspective view of the story. Beyond that, I truly enjoyed getting to know these new characters. They quickly and easily found a place in my heart. All in all this was a fantastic story on it's own and an unforgettable addition to the Isian series.”

Visit Serena Clarke’s website: http://serenaclarke.wordpress.com.
Listen to a sample at: http://www.audible.com/pd/Romance/The-Alliance-of-Isian-Audiobook/B01L2A5ACY


LEARN HOW TO GET A FREE AUDIO BOOK FROM AUDIBLE.COM! Receive this audiobook free if you join audible.com. Membership includes two free audiobooks and you can choose from 150,000+ titles.
 

5 comments:

kim hansen said...

Why I like listen to audio books because I can clean my apartment and listen to a book being read at the same time. I also like to listen to them when I am outside walking.

Courtney said...

I like to listen to audiobooks while I am knitting. It makes the time pass so quickly :)

Edye Nicole said...

I like listening to them because I can be doing more than one thing at once.

Email: mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

Unknown said...

I like them because you get to hear the emotion and feelings

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

Congratulations to Courtney! You are the winner of this awesome book. I know you'll enjoy it because I surely did. Happy listening!