Monday, November 7, 2016

Interview with Childcare Author Melissa Martz


Melissa Martz has been a Nanny for 19 years, a writer for 10 years, and has interwoven her two passions together to help others find the best of the best childcare. “Finding and Hiring the BEST Childcare” is her second book, her first is entitled “Inclusive Playgrounds: Play for Every Child”. Before wriitng books, she wrote magazine articles, many on child related topics. When Melissa is not writing or taking care of children, she power walks in multiple races each year, along with being a community advocate for causes passionate to her. At any point of any of these activities, if she is offered a cup of tea, her answer will be YES!

Welcome to my blog, Melissa. Finding and Hiring the Best Childcare sounds like the perfect book for those young mothers who need help. Our children are dear to us and we must be careful. Where did you get your inspiration for this book?

I have been a Nanny since 1997. Since that time, I have been asked multiple times how to find reputable childcare, how I was found by families, if I knew any available childcare providers, and what should they ask a potential provider. It also gave me a chance to debunk the theories people have about hiring a nanny.

What kind of research did you do?

Because this book is filled with general information mixed with my experiences, not much research had to be done. Yes, I did ask a few people to do Q&A's, and their insights on different areas, but a majority of the information was learned information from 19 years as a Nanny.

Will you please tell us one bit of advice while finding childcare?

Listen to your instincts....not who others think you should get....not whose resumes read of who should hire. This has happened myself as a Nanny. I declined a job offer, because it just didn't feel right to me.

Where can my readers find you and this book online?

Facebook: Melissa Martz
Twitter: @write_nanny
Instagram: melissa.martz

Thank you, Melissa, for this wonderful interview. I hope my readers will check out your book. Anyone interested, you can buy her book on Amazon here.

3 comments:

Edye Nicole said...

This book sounds lovely, Linda! I have a friend who would really enjoy this one :)

mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

Linda Moffitt said...

Not Entering but I shared for you on Facebook

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

The author would like to give Edye Nicole this book as a gift. I hope you share it with many people.