Monday, July 17, 2017

Interview with Romance Author Christina Lorenzen


Christina started writing as a young teen, jotting stories in wire ring composition notebooks. Her first typewriter made it faster to get all those stories out of her head and down on paper. She is busy working on a modern take on her favorite fairy tale, Rapunzel for a summer release. When she isn’t writing or reading, she can be found walking her dog, talking to her herd of cats and spending time with her family.

What is Christmas in July? The term Christmas in July describes Christmas celebrations that are held in the month of July for the southern hemisphere. Seasons down south are in reverse from the northern hemisphere. For those down south, summer is in December. Even though they still celebrate Christmas on December 25, someone decided it would be fun to celebrate Christmas in July specifically for the southern hemisphere.

What would it be like to be transported through time two generations and meet your grandmother as a young woman? I know I would absorb everything I saw and heard and put it to memory. It would be fun to get to know my grandmother in her youth. This is exactly what happened to Carrie in this story. Through a snow globe, she was able to be transported through time and meet her grandmother. But that wasn’t all. She also met the grandfather of the young man she grew up with, who was also her neighbor.” –Book Review by Linda Weaver Clarke

Welcome to my blog, Christina. Please tell us about your Christmas novella, Snow Globe Reunion.

Stranded by a snowstorm, Carrie Sanders is left holding a bag an old woman she had been talking to left behind in the airport coffee shop. Mystified by the woman’s disappearance, she sits on the bench staring at the snow globe that was in the bag.

Inside the glittery snowy world, it’s Christmas during the 1940s. Fighting sleep, the next thing she knows she’s in the arms of the soldier she last saw skating on the pond in the snow globe. He’s no stranger, but the boy next door who never forgot her.

Where did you get your inspiration for this story?

Actually, my publisher was putting together a collection of novellas for Christmas and each story had to have a snow globe in it. And each story had to take the heroine back in time to a Christmas long ago. I had always wanted to write a Christmas story so without even thinking much I jumped on board.

What kind of research did you do?

Since my heroine gets transported back to December 1942, I did need to do some research war time in our country. I needed to find out as many details as I could like what women wore during that time, the food products they ate, the makes and models of cars on the road and the little things that I knew my readers would be expert at spotting.

Tell me about one of the main characters and what you love about him or her?

I loved my hero, Jimmy Hall. He’s the all American soldier and a true gentleman. When Carrie was a young girl Jimmy had a crush on her that continued until the day she left home. He’s the typical boy next door that most girls dismiss in their quest for Mr. Right. At least that’s what Carrie thinks. It’s not until she ends up back in December 1940 that she finds out who truly is right for her.

Where is your website and blog so my readers can check out your recent and past books that you have written?

I love to talk to readers! They can find me at several places online:


Thank you for this interview, Christina. I read your book and it was such a fun story of fantasy and romance.

12 comments:

Christina Lorenzen said...

Thank you for having me here today, Linda! It's always a pleasure to chat with you and your readers.

Unknown said...

The idea of being transported to the era when so many people were supporting
our troops and I could know my grandmother at such an age, and my great grandmother
sounds incredible. I know Christina enjoyed the research and writing this one!

Nancy said...

I so want to read your book. I often wander what my grandmother was like. She died when I was 2. Thanks for this opportunity.

Unknown said...

I love this book. It's a definite must read! Thank you! :)

Unknown said...

Great interview - looking forward to reading this story too!

J Carol Nemeth said...

WWII 1940's is one of my favorite eras. Great interview, Christina! Look forward to reading this story!

Christina Lorenzen said...

Yes, I really enjoyed researching and writing Snow Globe Reunion, Diane! Thank you for stopping by!

Christina Lorenzen said...

Nancy, it always saddens me when I hear people say their grandparents passed when they were toddlers or very young children. I do hope you'll enjoy my book. Thanks for stopping by!

Christina Lorenzen said...

Oh, thank you, Mary Lowery! And thanks for stopping by today!

Christina Lorenzen said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jacqui! I hope you enjoy Snow Globe Reunion!

Christina Lorenzen said...

It's one of my favorite eras to read about too, CNof WV! I hope you enjoy reading Snow Globe Reunion. Thanks for stopping by!

Christina Lorenzen said...

Nancy Luebke, congratulations! You are the winner of an autographed print copy of my book, Snow Globe Reunion. I hope you enjoy it!