Monday, March 31, 2014

Fantasy, Adventure, Romance, and Intrigue!

The Alliance of Isian

What is this romantic fantasy about? Read an awesome review below and find out.

I am quickly becoming a huge fan of Serena's. I loved this book even more than the first one in the series. I am always intrigued by stories of arranged marriages and how they turn to marriages filled with love. These two characters had so much to overcome, coming from different cultures. Yet, they bravely took on the challenge because of the love they had for the people who they ruled over. There is plenty of action and intrigue in the storyline. I lost quite a bit of sleep reading way too late into the night. I love the characters. I want to know even more about their lives. I can't wait for the next book in the series!!!!!!” -- Cheryl Larson

Book: The Alliance of Isain

Synopsis: War is coming and all the kingdoms must choose a side. Isian decides to make an alliance with their long time enemies in order to defeat a common enemy. So Isian sends a proposal, offering their daughter to the prince, in order to ensure an alliance. Princess Gabrielle and her new husband, Prince Alec must learn to work together and trust each other in order to triumph in the approaching war. With a mysterious beast attacking the kingdom, their lives in danger, and overcoming their vast cultural differences, will love grow despite their trails or tear them apart? Enjoy the fantasy, danger, mystery, and romance!

The Alliance of Isian was one of the best fantasies I’ve read. This book was enchanting and very difficult to put down. Gabrielle is a strong character and I could feel her frustration in being forced to marry someone she did not know, and whose background was totally so different from her own. Alec is likewise a strong character and has his definite opinions, but he is also very sensitive to Gabrielle’s feelings of inadequacy in marrying a stranger. I noticed the change in both characters, a change for the better, as Gabrielle and Alec fall in love. I found myself wishing the story would never end.” –Linda Weaver Clarke


This book may be purchased at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It is also available as an e-book for $2.99. Visit Serena’s website at http://serenaclarke.wordpress.com/about-author and learn more.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I love when "enemies" fall in love. To me, it shows that love conquers all.

My email is horseluver4ever@rocketmail.com

Mutti said...

I am interested in how people from different cultures come to meld their differences. My parents came from very different backgrounds. My mother is what she calls Heinz 57... a blend of ancestors from several European countries. My father was Armenian. She and my father did a great job of blending their lives but Mom 'never felt accepted by the Family.' I would love to read this book... either in a hard copy... I love REAL books but have, with your encouragement, Linda, learned to read ebooks. I even have a Kindle! Life changes for all of us! Thanks!! ...Linda B

Unknown said...

I would love to read this book for various reasons. One reason is because I love how two different characters from two different, but similar worlds would have to learn to adapt to their new found situation and learn to love each other overtime. Also I heard it describes different cultures from different places on earth and I would like to experience that telling based on the characters' point of view. My email is: canhthunguyen@gmail.com

Thanks again:)

Sonja said...

Sounds like fun to read. Different cultural books are of interest to me! Sonja
Sonja.nishimoto at gmail dot com

Brandi said...

Sounds like a good book! What grabbed my attention was the book cover,... it intrigued me. =)

Thanks for the giveaway! =)

Brandi
BLeigh1130 at yahoo dot com

Beautiful Disaster said...

The title and cover certainly captured my attention. I also think the book sounds rather interesting.
Thanks,
Lori
lorih824 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

I love the sound of this book, first i love fantasy and paranomal books are my favorite, it has a beast, and that coaght my attation right off, any thing like that i love then i love a good love storys, so if there is a love hate in there it's great and with adventure and a prince and them having to learn to get along and all that good stuff sounds so good i would so love a hard back of this book, wow what a great prize, i will be crossing my fingers and toes thank you so much i hope i get to read it!! thank you so much
badboatygirl@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I that they are from different backgrounds and they have to learn to work together.
leighannecrisp at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

I've always been curious about arranged marriages. This aspect,combined with the fantasy genre, makes this book a sure winner in my eyes!

Fandom Monthly Magazine said...

The title and the cover.

grace.h.zhuang@gmail.com

Shirley said...

I think stories where arranged marriages turn into love matches are great. Thanks for the review and the giveaway.
straitfromthehive(at)gmail(dot)com

LAWonder said...

I love Serena's books. Sorry, but she is every bit as talented an author as you are!
There are lot's of people wanting to read her books.
Thanks for the giveaway - both of you!

Unknown said...

I think tales of couples foisted together are always good fun. On on may remember the skating movie, "The Cutting Edge," but it's a good example, as was "Avatar." I enjoy the tension as the two get acquainted, start to fall in love, then resist and generally torture each other before finally confessing their feelings. Sounds like a fun read!

Unknown said...

My email address to go with the comment above is LostLenore@aol.com

Judy said...

From the start, the cover would grab my attention. I am a cover reader. I love learning about the different cultures around the world. Book really looks very good.

magnolias_1 (at) msn(dot) com

Tara W said...

The synopsis is interesting. I love the fantasy genre and I find the idea of a mysterious beast attacking the kingdom intriguing.
mizztuts AT bellsouth DOT net

bn100 said...

The premise sounds interesting for the fantasy genre
hardcopy

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Erika Marie said...

I love books set in exotic places and the cover and her name "Isian" was what caught my attention immediately! I love to read fantasies as well so this appeals to me on many levels :) It looks awesome!

Erika Marie said...

Forgot my email abbyswarriormom@aol.com

Thank you

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

Congratulations, Cyndi F. You are the winner of this awesome book. I know you'll enjoy it. I surely did.