Monday, April 3, 2017

Interview with Children’s Author Sherrill Cannon


My Little Angel is Sherrill S. Cannon’s 9th children’s book. All her books stress consideration for others, and subliminally teach children to be nice to each other – and they have received 46 Awards.  A former teacher, she has 10 grandchildren, the youngest of which is the little girl in this new book.  She’s happy that she has such a talented illustrator!! 

Welcome to my blog. Please tell us about your children’s book, My Little Angel.

Does your child have a Guardian Angel? Please share a day in the life of this little girl, while her little guardian angel Angela sits on her shoulder and keeps her safe and guides her throughout her various activities throughout her day.  This includes getting ready for school, crossing the street, being polite and kind to her friends, learning her lessons, fastening seatbelts while traveling, being aware of stranger-danger, praying for her pets, and reminding her constantly that she is loved.

Where did you get your inspiration for this story?

I believe in angels, and that they are everywhere.  I often think of one riding on my own shoulder, so I wanted to share this idea with some slightly younger readers.

Your children’s books always rhyme and I love that. Will you please quote a few of your favorite lines from this book?

Wherever I go, and whatever I do,
Angela’s with me to say, “I love you.”
She’s always beside me, away or at home—
So sometimes I’m lonely, but never alone.

That’s beautiful. Tell me about one of the main characters and what you love about him or her?

There are only two main characters: the little girl and Angela, her Guardian Angel.
There are other familiar characters and book covers from previous books within the illustrations, but the little girl tells the story of Angela and how they interact throughout a day…  I love everything about both of them!!!

Where is your website so my readers can check out your recent and past books that you have written?

My website is www.sherrillcannon.com and my author site is http://sbpra.com/sherrillscannon

Thank you for this wonderful interview, Sherrill. I hope my readers will check out your children’s book.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

My granddaughter (one, in particular) would love to have this book. And I'd love her to have it! 😀 I fell in love with the plot but when I noticed the rhyming, that was just the icing on the cake! Looks like I need to check out this author.

apple blossom said...

Oh, this sounds like a cute book to share with my nieces. thanks

Lori said...

this sounds like a sweet book

jeanette sheets said...

looks very interesting!billmcsgirl@yahoo.com

lildevilgirl22 said...

I would love a book for my kids
sailormars92591@yahoo.com

Maria B said...

My little girl would love to read this book about angels.

Dawn Ballo said...

My granddaughter would love this book.
dawnballo@yahoo.com

Linda Moffitt said...

Awe This is Adorable :)
Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
I would Love a copy to read to my daughter.

Linda Moffitt said...

Email is iamabho at gmail dot com
I also wanted to say I Love to think that there are Guardian Angels all around us and every child

Edye Nicole said...

My cousin would love this book!


mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

Stacy said...

This would help so much in teaching self esteem.
Stacypilot at yahoo dot com

SueZH said...

I love reading to my granddaughter. We all could use an angel on our shoulder.

Lisa Ann said...

This sounds like such a cute book!

email4Lisa at gmail dot com

Melanie Montgomery said...

This book sounds lovely.

Laura said...

This looks like a good book for my nieces.

lauralynnrose(at)hotmail(dot)com

Katrina Angele said...

Awe, this sounds like a sweet little book. I'd love reading it to the kids.
trinibelini @ aol.com

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

Congratulations to Louise Pledge and Linda Moffitt. The author has picked you as the winners. I know you'll enjoy these books.