Monday, March 13, 2017

Interview with Inspirational Romance Author June Foster

An award-winning author, June Foster is a retired teacher with a BA in education and MA in counseling. June has written four novels for Desert Breeze Publishing. The Bellewood Series, Give Us This Day, As We Forgive, and Deliver Us, and Hometown Fourth of July. Since then she's also written Ryan's Father, Red and the Wolf, a modern day retelling of Little Red Riding Hood, The Almond Tree Series: For All Eternity, Echoes From the Past, What God Knew and Almond Street Mission. Also available are Misty Hollow and Lavender Fields Inn. Find all June's books at Amazon.com. June enjoys writing stories about characters who overcome the circumstances in their lives by the power of God and His Word. Find June online at junefoster.com.

Welcome to my blog. This is a beautiful cover. Please tell us about your novel: Lavender Fields Inn.

Thank you for having me, Linda. Lavender Fields Inn is set at a relaxing resort in the Rocky Mountains. Wren Tabor is escaping her teaching job in busy Denver, Colorado for a week's vacation. She hopes to heal after her last boyfriend's betrayal, and she's determined she'll never trust men again.

Graham Maier, a Denver accountant, has always lived in the shadow of his successful brother, Greg. Graham's registered for a fishing tournament at Gold Pan Lake in hopes of impressing his father, an avid fisherman. When Graham arrives and sees the dark haired beauty, Wren Tabor, who's haunted his dreams for years, he's mystified.

Wren literally bumps into Graham one evening while running from a "bear" she later discovers is the maintenance man. Against her resolution, she finds Graham attractive. When Graham's brother, Greg, announces he will stay a few days at the inn, Graham's frustrated. He'd hoped to just be Graham and not Greg's brother for a week. Later Wren sees Graham kissing another girl, and she believes she's been betrayed. Love grows amid the flowers in the magnificent Rockies, but sometimes romance isn't as it seems.

Where did you get your inspiration for this story?

We love to go fishing in the Rockies, and I've always wanted to try out one of the luxurious hotels with relaxing spas, massage therapy, exercise rooms, and all the fabulous restaurants. So far I haven't checked into one, but that's okay, my characters Wren Tabor and Graham Maier did. 

What kind of research did you do?

In the story, the lavender plant plays a huge part, to include a lavender festival at the inn on the last day before Wren and Graham go home. I had to research facts like how lavender was used in the past, the growing season for lavender, various products made from lavender, and what does a lavender festival look like. Besides learning more about the plant, I had to discover the intricacies of a fishing tournament. But I have an in-house expert—my husband.

Tell me about one of the main characters and what you love about him or her?

My hero, Graham, has always strived to live up to his father's expectations. Graham has never felt affirmed or valued by his dad. Not like his brother, Greg. But in the story, Graham learns that there is One who cherishes him more than any earthly father could. I love Graham because his perspective changes, and he finds freedom in the Lord.

Where is your website and blog so my readers can check out your recent and past books that you have written?

Readers can find me at www.junefoster.com. Thank you again, Linda.

Thank you very much for this interview, June. I hope my readers will check out your inspirational stories.

28 comments:

Gail Pallotta said...

I've read some of June's books and find them to be inspirational and heartfelt. She weaves a Christian message into today's problems in an entertaining way.

June Foster said...

Thanks, Gail. And the same for yours. I miss my old critique partner!! Thanks for the comment.

June Foster said...

Thanks, Linda, for hosting me on your blog today.

Shirley said...

Thank you both for taking the for the interview and for the giveaway. Also thank you Linda for introducing me to an author that's new to me.
This sounds like a wonderful read.
Shirley
straitfromthehive(at)gmail(dot)com

June Foster said...

Thanks for your comment Shirley. I hope you get a chance to read Lavender Fields.

Sonja said...

I haven't had the chance to read June's books and would certainly love to give it a try! sonja.nishimoto @ gmail dot com

June Foster said...

Sonja, would love for you to read it. June

Robin in NC said...

What a beautiful cover! I would love to go there to enjoy the beauty & fragrance! Your book sounds very intriguing! Thanks for sharing! rw620 AT aol DOT com

Unknown said...

I loved this story and the beautiful cover!
I was ready for a day at the SPA after reading
it!! (Remove my name from the drawing,Linda. I
have it).

June Foster said...

Thanks for your comment Robin. ��

June Foster said...

Those are kind words Diane. 😘😘

Melissa Henderson said...

I love stories by June Foster. Her stories always have a special message that encourages and uplifts the reader.

Edye Nicole said...

This romance sounds lovely! Thanks for the giveaway :)

mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

June Foster said...

Thank you, Melissa and Edye for your comments.

Linda Moffitt said...

New to me but your books look great. Thanks for sharing with us. iamabho (at) gmail (dot) com

June Foster said...

Linda thanks for stopping by.

Library Lady said...

I love the title of this book.
Where can I go to sign up for a week's vacation?
Thanks for entering me in your giveaway.
Janet E.
von1janet(at)gmail(dot)com

June Foster said...

Liberty, at Amazon.com. (smile) http://tinyurl.com/zkk9pro

Joking. But I hope you will have a chance to read it.

Cynthia P said...

What a lovely cover! I really like the sound of the blurb. I always enjoy romances where giving love a second chance is the main thrust of the story.

June Foster said...

Cynthia, thanks for your comment. Not only does love have a second chance, there's a surprise ending.

Itsajourneynotadestination said...

Wonderful interview =) kimcurington(at)yahoo(dot)com

June Foster said...

Thanks, Kimberly.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love the cover for Lavender Fields Inn! The interview is great. I loved reading about the storyline for Lavender Fields Inn and look forward to reading it. Thanks! dreamstogo@hotmail.com

June Foster said...

Thanks Margaret. I hope you get a chance to read it.

Melanie Backus said...

Great interview and beautiful cover . Thank you!

mauback55 at gmail dot com

June Foster said...

AND THE WINNER IS!!!! EDYE NICOLE

Thanks to everyone who left a comment.

Happy reading, June

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

Congratulations, Edye Nicole!