Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Desert Intrigue – An Adventure At Superstition Mountain


In Desert Intrigue, we have the lost Dutchman’s goldmine, the great Thunder God, and mysterious events.

Mystery, romance, and humor! When Julia’s brother announces that his dude ranch is haunted, she believes that someone is trying to sabotage his place and force him to sell. The mysterious happenings have to do with Superstition Mountain, the lost Dutchman’s goldmine, and the great Thunder God. Is it possible that the legend of the Thunder God is actually true? After a terrible thunderstorm, everyone begins to wonder. John and Julia quickly head to Mesa, Arizona and discover a few mysterious events. Will they find out who is behind these disasters before Uncle Kelly’s dude ranch is ruined?

“Desert Intrigue is an entertaining and joyful book, my favorite in this mystery series by Linda Weaver Clarke. I love the sparks of romance in this adventure--they spice things up and add much interest to the story. The book has a handful of surprises that I did not anticipate, and the mystery fuels much of the action.” --Suko’s Notebook

Valuable treasure is hidden within Superstition Mountain and the Apache Indians once believed the Thunder God protected it from robbers and thieves. Each summer the great Thunder God roars his loudest, creating thunderstorms like no other, announcing his control over the mountain. Superstition Mountain is dangerous to hike and many adventurers never come back. Apparently, the treasure is well protected.

“I loved the first three books in this series, but I actually loved this one even more,” wrote Socrates Book Reviews. “I didn’t think that was possible. The characters are so well written and I absolutely adore each member of the Evans family. They grab at your heartstrings and won’t let go. As for the story, talk about a fast-paced story. Desert Intrigue is that and more! It’s a book that will leave you with that “warm fuzzy” feeling. Linda Weaver Clarke has outdone herself with this book! I'm sure it comes as no surprise that it's getting my Socrates' Great Book Alert.”

All my romances are Family Friendly. There is one question that I ask myself when I write romantic mysteries. Will it appeal to men as well as women? From a man’s viewpoint, Rick Estep wrote: “As a guy, it was really great to see a man, check that men, being shown as strong not only physically, but emotionally as well. I've read a lot of books where the guy in the book isn't shown as being connected to his wife/girlfriend through anything other than surface thoughts. With John and his brother-in-law Kelly, though, I saw them as "men's men", and ones that also were invested in the life of the women around them. The story moved quick enough, there were plenty of red herrings to keep me guessing, right down to the ending of the book.”

To get a review from a guy like this was awesome. Thank you, Rick Estep!



Desert Intrigue (ISBN: 978-1-47008-421-9, Red Mountain Shadows Publishing, 2012) can be found at local libraries or online bookstores. For more information, visit www.lindaweaverclarke.com.

No comments: