Monday, January 15, 2018

Interview with Author Paul Joseph Brennan


Paul Joseph Brennan was born in the Boston Children’s Hospital. He was one of 5 children. His early childhood memories were happy, even though his family had some troubles. Then the trials became such that he quit school and left home at the age of 14. His education consisted mostly from the school of hard knocks, a tough taskmaster. His journey through his trials has been difficult, but he was able to not only survive but also find joy in his life. He now lives in Southern Utah with his wife. His grown children and his grandchildren live near him and he and his wife spend most of their time enjoying their family. Paul’s family is his greatest treasure. Under Pressure: Buried Alive and Other Ordinary Miracles is Paul’s first book.

This story gives you a new insight on the life of Paul Joseph Brennan. I have never known a neighborhood where joining a gang was expected and smoking pot was part of life. I had never had a father who was an alcoholic and beat me regularly. These were experiences that Paul Brennan had as a young boy and teenager. For someone to go through all the trials Paul did in his life and come out a stronger person really amazes me. It would be so easy to give up, but he didn’t. He continued on and changed his life for the better. My respect for this man grew by leaps and bounds as I read his story. This book has humor, hardships, and spiritual experiences.” –Review by Linda Weaver Clarke

This book is one of my favorite books that I read in 2017. Welcome to my blog, Paul. Please tell us about Under Pressure: Buried Alive and Other Ordinary Miracles.

Under Pressure: Buried Alive and Other Ordinary Miracles is a book about my journey. I believe that we can change our future no matter what our past looks like. People have told me all of my life that my life has been unusual. I believe that my past has made me who I am today and there are miracles everyday, large and small that can change us for the better if we just recognize them. I want to share my story in hopes that I can help someone out, then have the hope and courage to carry on and find their true joy in life.

Where did you get your inspiration to write your autobiography?

My inspiration for my autobiography came from all my friends and family and people I’ve met along the way that have heard pieces of my story that have inspired me to write all the stories down and put them together in a book. 

You mention “ordinary miracles” in the title. Would you like to expound on this subject?

Ordinary miracles. I believe we have miracles all around us everyday. Sometimes we don’t recognize them because we get used to them and so we call them ordinary. Like the sun coming up each morning, a baby growing inside a human being, or even all the amazing things our bodies can do. I was kind of playing with the words ordinary miracles in my book because in reality, there are no ordinary miracles. All the miracles around us are amazing!

That is so true, Paul. Did you find it an emotional experience to reminisce about the past as you wrote your autobiography?

It was and still becomes an emotional experience each time I reread a portion of the book. Some memories are cherished, while others are memories I wish I could forget at times. But again, they have all contributed to who I am today.

Where is your website so my readers can check out your book?

You can find more about me and about my book at: https://pauljosephbrennan.wordpress.com

Thank you, Paul, for this enlightening interview. Just a note to my readers, I have known Paul for many years but never realized what kind of life he had lived before moving to Southern Utah…until I read his book. My respect for this man grew so much as I learned about his trials, his spiritual feelings about life, his love for his children, and his devotion towards his wife. I didn’t know this “tough” man was so romantic until I read his deepest feelings for Karen. Get the book. You’ll enjoy it!

By the way, Paul, I couldn't help putting this awesome "tough guy" picture below. Haha. I got it from your wife!!!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds like a great book! Thank you for sharing!

Linda Moffitt said...

Sounds Inspiring
Thanks for sharing it with us

Linda Moffitt said...

Shared on Twitter
https://twitter.com/LindaMoffitt02/status/953020875183415296
iamabho AT gmail DOT com

Carol L. said...

I definitely would love to read his journey and how he beat the odds. He found his happiness. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Carol Luciano
Lucky4750 at aol dot com

Library Lady said...

Paul's book would be a wonderful addition to our church library.
Thanks for entering me in your giveaway.
Janet E.
von1janet(at)gmail(dot)com

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

Congratulations to Linda Moffitt. The author will be getting in touch with you.